Biographical Sketch: The Very Rev. Dr. Yaw Frimpong-Manso was born on March 10, 1951 at Domi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. His parents are Opanin Osei Akwasi and Mercy Amma Akyama, both of blessed memory.
Basic Education: He Started his basic Primary School in 1957 and completed Secondary School in 1970 in Ghana. Entered Teacher Training Education in Kumasi in 1971 and completed with a Post-Secondary Teacher's Certificate (Distinction) in 1973.
Ministerial and Theological Education: He continued with his Ministerial and Theological Education (at the Diploma Level) from 1979 to 1982 at the Trinity Theological Seminary, Legon, Ghana and studied for the BA (Honours) Degree at the University of Ghana from 1985 to 1988, coming out with a 2nd Class Upper Division (Hons. in Religions and Sociology).
Post-Graduate Studies: He also pursued Post-graduate Studies in Old Testament/Hebrew at the Department of Hebrew and Semitic Languages, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, at the Masters' and PhD Levels from 1990 to 1995 with support from the Langham Trust and Tear Fund.
Commissioning & Ordination: He was Commissioned in 1982 and Ordained into the full-time Pastoral Ministry of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana in 1984.
Work Experience/Lectureship: Taught as a pupil teacher (1970-1971) and as an Agricultural Science Teacher and a classroom teacher at the basic level of education from 1973-1975 and was seconded to the Ghana Evangelism Committee for the NLFA programme (an evangelistic program of the mainline Churches in Ghana) from 1975-1979.
Have served as a full-time Minister of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana since commissioning from 1982 in several capacities till today:
- 1982-1985 as a District Minister and proprietor of a Presbyterian Secondary School;
- 1985-1987 as a Student-Minister, studying and attached to Dansoman and North Kaneshie Presbyterian Congregations;
- 1988-1990 as a Regional Manager of Schools and Minister-in-charge of Ho District;
- 1996- 2001 taught as a Lecturer in Old Testament/Hebrew at the Trinity Theological Seminary, Legon and
- 1997-2001 as Minister-in-charge of the Alogboshie Presbyterian Congregation
- 2001-2004 as Presbytery Chairperson (Moderator) of the Asante Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana
- 2004-2010 as Moderator of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana;
- Jan.16 to June 6, 2011 as the Minister-in -charge of the PCG/PCA Congregation in Sydney, Australia
- June12 to Sept.04, 2011 as Minister-In-Charge of the Kwadaso District of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana, Kumasi after leaving office as Moderator.
- Presently, Pastor of the Emmanuel Presbyterian Reformed Church, Bronx, New York.
Other Academic Appointments:
Was adjunct Lecturer in Old Testament studies at the Central University College, Accra (1995-1998) and an external examiner in Old Testament Studies at the Christian Service College, Kumasi (1997-1999) and Maranatha Bible College, Accra (1999-2001);
- Member and Chairman of Prempeh College Board of Governors, Kumasi (2001-2004);
- Chairman of Board of Ramseyer Training Institute, Kumasi (2003-2004);
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Trinity Theological Seminary (2005-2008);
- Chairman of the Christian Council of Ghana (2007-2010); Chairman of the Ghana Evangelism Committee (2007-2010);
- Member of the Board of the ARB Apex Bank Ltd. (2007 to 2012);
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning of the Republic of Ghana (2009 to 2012) and
- A Founding Member of the FRIMPONG-MANSOS' PENSION FOUNDATION.
Academic Associations: Associate member of the Tyndale Fellowship and a Langham Scholar and member J.S.O.T (1995 to date);
The Very Rev. Dr. Frimpong-Manso has to his credit four (4) publications as follows:
- "Tend the Flock"
- "Those Who Have Ears"
- "Pulpit Insights"
- "Tell the Nations"
He has also authored:
- "The Leader as an Agent of Change"
- "Stewardship in the Presbyterian Church of Ghana" and
- "Moral and Religious Education,1, 2, and 3" (Text Books for basic Schools in Ghana).